Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First Post - Welcome

Hello,

Welcome to Dawg Stats. My name is Geoff and I am a graduate student by night and banker by day. Being the UGA Football dork that I am, this space will be used to run statistical regression and other mathematics for determining why UGA has been successful or (as of recently) mediocre at football. Throughout the season, I will try to break down some games using statistical analysis - NOT the stuff in the box score. Basically, the hard hitting stuff.

Feel free to follow or add the RSS feed to be updated when I get around to posting some data. My goal is to take a deep dive into the weekly or seasonal statistics and identify enablers for success or failure.

This could all be a giant waste of time, but I've got a baby on the way, attend grad school, and work 40+ hours per week - so why not add some more to the plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment